Second Annual From Top Shelf To Food Shelf
Let me gather your attention while both Bulldogs teams are red hot, and remind you that next weekend (Nov 21-23) is the Second Annual From Top Shelf to Food Shelf pledge weekend.
Last year‘s e-food drive brought in $543, 10 cans of soup, and a jar of peanut butter. I would love to double that this year.
My pledge this year is $5 per tUMD hockey goal. The men play UNO and the women play Cornell. My money will again go to the Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank.
How does it work? It’s very simple.
1. Choose a hunger-related cause in your community, or that is meaningful to you.
2. Make a pledge related to your favorite college hockey team. Or pro hockey team. Or pee-wee team. Or even a Premier League football team, as one comrade has already decided. Pledges could be $ per goal, $ per save, or could be more creative. You could also just give a flat fee. It doesn’t even have to be money, it can be food items as well.
3. Tell me that pledge. I will keep track on RWD and on a spreadsheet. If you would like to participate anonymously (to everyone other than me), I will respect that.
4. Encourage others to participate. Share this link on Twitter (#FromTopShelfToFoodShelf), forums, Facebook, bathroom stalls at the Sports Garden, anywhere.
5. Make your donation directly to the organization of your choice. I do not collect the money and this is 100% on the honor system. I will tell you right now that if you make a fake pledge, you are the scum of the earth.
Thank you! I can’t wait to see the pledges start to roll in!